Dr Jennifer Martinick & ISHRS DISGRACE comments

Perth, Western Australia 0 comments

…Procedures for dealing with complaints..

Having worked hard over 20 years to build a reputation as the undisputed medical authority on hair restoration, the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) has grown into a stronger, wiser, more progressive, transparent and accountable society.

Surgical techniques have evolved significantly to deliver transplants that are so natural in appearance they are difficult to detect to the untrained eye.

Nowadays, hair restoration physicians using best practice techniques utilise a synergy of medical training, mathematics, science and artistry to create natural looking hair transplants.

This is significantly different from the procedures and surgical techniques practiced over 15 years ago.

But, like all individuals, professions and organisations that have undergone growth and change, hair restoration physicians have to acknowledge and learn from past mistakes.

And, it can not be taken for granted that all doctors working in the field of hair transplantation will embrace the surgical concepts above.

Physicians embracing ‘best practice techniques’ are always striving for continuous improvement and to surpass our patients’ expectations.

When a patient’s expectations are not met and a complaint is made, a detailed investigation is undertaken.

To investigate thoroughly, as much information as possible is required regarding the details of a patient’s concerns.

The information required includes the patient’s full name, their date of birth, their home address at the time of the procedure, the date of the procedure as well as an address of the facility/clinic where the procedure was undertaken.

And, if a patient has a concern or complaint it is valuable to hear about it as soon as possible.

It is more difficult to investigate concerns for procedures that have taken place over five years ago.

In the event that the complaint relates to a procedure that occurred over five years ago, the investigator will need to gain an understanding of why it wasn’t raised previously.

Review about: Hair Loss.

Dr Jennifer Martinick is NOT a DISGRACE!!

I'm pissed because Dr Jennifer Martinick did my hair transplant and it's the BEST thing I've ever done for myself and then I read all this rubbish someone posts about her on here - it's ALL LIES!!!

Whoever wrote all the rubbish about Dr Martinick really has problems. You just have to read a few sentances to see that Dr Martinick didn't even do this persons hair transplant. He even admits that Martinick was trying to help him, but he wouldnt give his real name because he doesnt want to, because it's his right or whatever...

COME ON, REALLY?! He quotes a recent unrelated legal case involving minors (children) as his reason for not having to give his real name, because they didn't have to 20 years ago and dont have to now... genius!

At least use this site for HONEST GENUINE COMPLAINTS, not as an outlet for slandering someone you've never even met!

You just have to READ past the title to see that Doctor Martinick didn't do his hair transplant, so how can she have ripped him off??

I'd almost feel sorry for this person, but then who buys something back in the 80's and then spends the rest of their life complaining that its not as good as you can get today??

Review about: Hair Transplants Plastic Surgery.

Comments

Maybe the person posting those negative comments about dr Martinick is actually a competitor trying to rubbish the competition

Dr Martinick has helped me and is a true professional.

I agree with the above comment regarding comments made against Dr Jennifer Martinick. Its incredible how easy it is for someone to write a defamatory comment about someone on the internet without actually providing credible proof nor recourse for their actions. The fact that Dr Martinick is an internationally recognised hair transplant surgeon and the immediate past president of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS) should be enough credibility to dispel the defamatory rubbish that has been posted against her and her work.

Dr Jennifer Martinick - Dr. Jennifer Martinick is a DISGRACE!!

Dr. Jennifer Martinick is a DISGRACE!! Proof Below.

This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only.

For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, MBBS, http://www.martinick.com/ Image 21 & New Hair Clinic President of ISHRS in 2011-2012 (International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery, ishrs.org) is a COMPLETE DISGRACE to the medical profession!!

Links to photo of Dr. Jennifer Martinick:

FOLLOW THESE LINKS FOR PROOF:

Or keep reading below:

In May 2012, I filed a formal ethics complaint with Dr. Jennifer Martinick against Dr. Carlos J Puig & Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat because I was left SCARRED & DISFIGURED by these doctors. Drs. Puig & Mangubat had engaged in FRAUD, FALSE-ADVERTISING & DECEPTIVE PRACTICES to LURE unsuspecting people suffering from hairloss to become their patients. See PROOF here:

Dr Martinick’s PATHETIC EXCUSE for not proceeding was that I did not provide personal information about me and because my complaint "relate to procedures purportedly performed seventeen to eighteen years ago" [See Attachement 6 below]. Another person who was accused of wrongdoing a long time ago was Jerry Sandusky of Penn State. From the Wikipedia page on Jerry Sandusky, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Sandusky: "The grand jury identified eight boys that had been singled out for sexual advances or sexual assaults by Sandusky, taking place from 1994 through 2009." Jerry Sandusky is now IN JAIL for crimes that occurred in 1994, and the victims 1) DID NOT NEED TO DISCLOSE THEIR IDENTITIES to Penn State and 2) suffered the abuse 19-20 YEARS AGO.

Hence, Dr. Jennifer Martinick’s decision not to proceed with my complaint because I did not waive my right to privacy and because my claims were about procedures done a long time ago IS A COMPLETELY INDEFENSIBLE POSITION under the most basic rules of medical ethics. This PROVES that Dr. Jennifer Martinick [http://www.martinick.com/ Image 21 & New Hair Clinic] is a COMPLETE DISGRACE to the medical profession!!

An example of the FRAUD by Drs. Puig & Mangubat: Drs. Puig & Mangubat performed a number of hair transplant & scalp reduction surgeries on me that left HUGE SCARS all over my scalp. This result was TOTALLY INCONSISTENT with & OPPOSITE to their explicit written assertions about scalp reduction procedures. See below Attachment 9: Puig Medical Group Booklet Page 7 on Scalp Reduction Surgery which shows clearly the FALSE ADVERTISING & FRAUD perpetrated by PMG doctors because they made NO MENTION of any scarring as a result of undergoing scalp reduction surgery. THIS GLARING OMISSION BY THESE DOCTORS OF THIS INDISPUTABLE & GRAVE NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCE OF THE SURGERY CONSTITUTES BLATANT FRAUD & FALSE ADVERTISING!! Other examples of fraud includes claims in PMG’s cover letter [See Attachment 10 below: original PMG cover letter] that PMG’s procedures will result in a "full head of hair" [2nd line of 2nd para of letter] that is "virtually non-detectible." [5th bullet in letter]

In 2012, Dr. Puig was Vice-President & President-Elect of ISHRS (International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery, ishrs.org) and Dr. Mangubat was Hair Foundation Liaison of ISHRS (see ISHRS’ 2012 leadership in this link:

and in ATTACHMENT 8 below, and

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/5/prweb9541300.htm ).

Seeing this, I filed a formal ethics complaint against Drs. Puig & Mangubat with Dr. Jennifer Martinick, MBBS, President of ISHRS in 2012. Dr. Jennifer Martinick & the ISHRS Leadership did NOTHING to discipline these UNETHICAL doctors who had previously engaged in BLATANT FRAUD & FALSE-ADVERTISING. Therefore, DR. JENNIFER MARTINICK IS A COMPLETE DISGRACE to the medical profession!

Just so that Dr. Jennifer Martinick, [http://www.martinick.com/ Image 21 & New Hair Clinic] MBBS can't accuse me of selectively quoting or misquoting her, I have included the entire text of Dr. Martinick’s email responses to my complaint in the ATTACHMENTS below.

A summary of Dr. Jennifer Martinick's COMPLETELY DISGRACEFUL treatment of my ethics complaint in 2012:- On May 1, 2012, I sent an email to Dr. Jennifer Martinick, MBBS with my formal complaint that included links to PROOF of Drs. Puig's & Mangubat's UNETHICAL & ILLEGAL conduct (same links as above). See ATTACHMENT 1 below for the May 1, 2012 email).

- On May 21, 2012, Dr. Martinick sent a reply email asking for personal info about me, such as date of birth and full name. See ATTACHMENT 2 below. HOWEVER, my personal info HAS NO BEARING on the charges in my complaint because my complaint is based on what Dr. Puig, Dr. Mangubat, and Puig Medical Group (PMG) claimed on PMG's OWN letters and booklets (and has been posted online: https://sites.google.com/site/pmgincompetent/ http://hairtransplantrepair.blogspot.com ).

To this point, FYI, I also filed a complaint against Dr. Mangubat with the University of Washington ("UofW"), and got a response back from Dr. Lawrence R. Robinson, M.D, Vice Dean for Clinical Affairs and Graduate Medical Education on March 11, 2012 [see ATTACHMENT 3 below]. PLEASE NOTE DR. ROBINSON DID NOT ASK ME FOR ANY PERSONAL INFO TO PROCEED WITH HIS ACTION TO REQUIRE DR. MANGUBAT TO CORRECT WHAT HE CLAIMED ON HIS ONLINE RESUME! Dr. Robinson indicated to me that 1) He had investigated my complaint; and 2) Dr. Mangubat was no longer associated with the UofW Medical Center, and to "please be assured that we will take the actions we consider appropriate regarding Dr. Mangubat’s website. " SEE details of CORRECTION to Dr. Mangubat’s online resume in ATTACHMENT 3 below.

I also filed a complaint against Dr. Mangubat with the World Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (WAOCS), and Dr. Peter Lisborg, President of WAOCS ( http://www.waocs.org/ ), has indicated to me that my ethics complaint will be discussed at the next Board meeting [see ATTACHMENT 4 below]. PLEASE NOTE DR. LISBORG ALSO DID NOT ASK ME FOR ANY PERSONAL INFO TO PROCEED WITH MY COMPLAINT!

HENCE I COMPLETELY FAIL TO SEE WHY Dr. Jennifer Martinick would need personal info about me to proceed with my complaint [since 2 other organizations were able to proceed without such personal info]??!! Thus, one has to fundamentally question Dr. Jennifer Martinick’s motivations for asking for such personal info [which would require me to waive my right to privacy]. In particular, IS DR. MARTINICK TRYING TO PROTECT HER COLLEAGUES DRS. PUIG & MANGUBAT??!! Consequently on May 28, I sent Dr. Martinick an email in which I stated that I would not be providing personally identifiable information (see ATTACHMENT 5 below)

Dr. Martinick’s refusal to proceed without personal info from me is a BLATANT & PATHETIC STONEWALLING TACTIC because, as demonstrated by Dr. Robinson’s and Dr. Lisborg’s actions described above, such info was NOT necessary for Dr. Martinick to proceed with my complaint!!

- On June 13, 2012 Dr. Martinick sent another reply confirming that she will not proceed with investigating my complaint without the personal info she asked me to provide (see ATTACHMENT 6 below). Such inaction by Dr. Jennifer Martinick SPEAKS VOLUMES about that COMPLETE LACK OF SELF-REGULATION by her and the ISHRS Leadership. Dr. Martinick ‘s entire email is in ATTACHMENT 6. Part of her reasoning:

"We also appreciate the seriousness of your allegations (while noting that they relate to procedures purportedly performed seventeen to eighteen years ago). Upon review of our policies and the information you provided, the Society has declined to investigate. "

- As I stated above, SO WHAT if the allegations relate to procedures performed 17 years ago???!!! The allegations being 17 years ago DIDN’T STOP Dr. Robinson and Dr. Lisborg from taking action!! [AGAIN, SEE action taken based on my complaint in ATTACHMENTS 3 & 4 below]. Just because somebody committed a crime 17 years ago does NOT mean that person should no longer be disciplined/prosecuted for it today [Example: Jerry Sandusky of Penn State as described above!!]

- As described above, the claim that Dr Jennifer Martinick [http://www.martinick.com/ Image 21 & New Hair Clinic] shouldn’t/couldn’t do anything about my complaint about things that Dr. Puig & Dr. Mangubat did 15+ years ago is BASELESS AND WITHOUT MERIT.

ISHRS on its website states this association is "dedicated to promoting the highest standards of medical practice and medical ethics" (see ATTACHMENT 7 below). THIS IS A TOTALLY LAUGHABLE CLAIM because Dr. Martinick & the ISHRS leadership’s decision not to proceed with my complaint COMPLETELY FLIES IN THE FACE of even the MINIMAL standards of ethics and professional conduct!!!!

- Dr Jennifer Martinick, by having in 2012 Dr. Puig as its Vice President (and President-Elect!) & Dr. Mangubat as Hair Foundation Liaison, explicitly endorsed Dr. Puig & Dr. Mangubat as leading surgeons in the Hair Transplant industry. Dr. Puig, as VP, reflects on the integrity and ethics (or LACK THEREOF) of ISHRS as a medical organization. IN FACT, Dr. Puig on his online resume (Link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B18GlGCig5aLaVk1dzBLLXZ4OVE/edit?usp=sharing ) HIGHLIGHTS his association with ISHRS as one of his resume qualifications/credentials! Hence Dr. Jennifer Martinick WAS ETHICALLY OBLIGATED to take appropriate action to address my complaint.

- Please note, I'm not saying that Dr. Martinick could ban Dr. Puig and Dr. Mangubat from the Hair Transplant/Cosmetic Surgery industry, she obviously couldn’t; HOWEVER, Dr. Martinick DEFINITELY COULD SEVER ISHRS’ TIES TO Dr. Puig & Dr. Mangubat....that is within the organization's leadership’s jurisdiction and purview (just as the Univ of Washington did!!). If the Dr. Martinick did not disassociate ISHRS from these UNETHICAL doctors, this indicates Dr. Martinick endorsed Dr. Puig’s & Dr. Mangubat’s past UNETHICAL/ILLEGAL actions. In that case (as is now, since Dr. Martinick had done NOTHING to discipline Dr. Puig or Dr. Mangubat), it is FAIR GAME for me to criticize Dr. Martinick [http://www.martinick.com/ Image 21 & New Hair Clinic] & ISHRS as an organization whose leadership consists of UNETHICAL, BAD ACTORS.

To the point above, if an industry organization such as a Bar Association for lawyers had in its leadership persons who were engaged in UNETHICAL conduct in the past, the media would HAMMER the Bar Association to death, to the point where that person would have to RESIGN.

Why should ISHRS be any different?? IF ANYTHING, ISHRS is comprised of DOCTORS, who take an OATH to DO NO HARM, so the standard should be EVEN HIGHER than a Bar Association! Although I am not the person who created this website http://www.angelfire.com/indie/hairtransplant/94book.html, I see exactly why this person says "the Hair Transplant Industry is a DISGRACE" if organizations like ISHRS have people like Dr. Puig in its leadership.

FYI, the reasons why I waited until now to bring forward my complaint include:- Because ISHRS didn’t exist in the mid-late 1990s, not to mention the internet did not exist to nearly the same extent then.- Because I did post my original complaint several years ago; HOWEVER, at the time, I didn’t realize that I still had in my possession PMG’s original 1994 cover letter and booklet that are FILLED with FALSE ADVERTISING, MISLEADING STATEMENTS & LIES. Hence Dr. Mangubat & Dr. Puig were able to DENY my claims, and it was just my word against theirs, and I could not PROVE that I was indeed telling the truth. NOW I CAN!- Because in the past year, after moving to a new place and opening boxes that hadn’t been opened in 10+ years, I discovered that I still had PMG’s original 1994 docs, and thus I posted all of them online.

ATTACHMENT 1: Email Complaint I filed with ISHRS President Dr. Jennifer Martinick

Subject: ETHICS COMPLAINT involving doctors associated with ISHRS, WAOCS and/or ABHRS

From: Greg Smith <> Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:00 PMTo:

To: Dr. Jennifer H. Martinick, MBBS, ISHRS, Dr Peter Lisborg, WAOCS,Dr. Paul J. McAndrews, M.D., ABHRS

I am contacting you to report serious ethical violations by doctors associated with your organization. My complaint involves Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat (aka Dr. Tony Mangubat http://www.labelleviecosmetic.com/ 16400 Southcenter Parkway, Suite 101 Tukwila, WA 98188) and Dr. Carlos J. Puig, http://www.hairrestorationhouston.com/, Physicians' Hair Restoration Center, 6150 Richmond Ave., Suite 226, Houston, Texas 77057. Dr. Mangubat and Dr. Puig were physicians with Puig Medical Group (PMG, aka Cleveland Hair Centers) where they were engaged in incompetent, unethical, fraudulent, and illegal conduct that is a COMPLETE DISGRACE to the medical profession.

FYI, I have also reported my complaint to media organizations, and am working with one such organization to do a report about my complaint. I have also filed my complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) through its website (www.ftc.gov) and federal authorities through email and online at http://www.ic3.gov/.

According to their websites, Dr. Mangubat’s and Dr. Puig’s associations with your organization are as follows:Dr. Mangubat (see http://www.labelleviecosmetic.com/mangubat.shtml):

American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery, Chicago, IL, Permanent Faculty , 1998-PresentInternational Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, Hair Foundation LiaisonWorld Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Course Director

Dr. Puig in his online resume (see http://www.hairrestorationhouston.com/dr_puig.php) lists these organizations as some of his affiliations:

Professional Organizations:International Society of Hair Restoration SurgeryAmerican Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Also, from the ISHRS website (see http://www.ishrs.org/member-board.php):Vice President. Carlos J. Puig, DO, Houston, TX, USA

Dr. Mangubat and Dr. Puig were full participants in a Cosmetic Surgery FRAUD/FALSE ADVERTISING, see Proof in links below.

Dr. Mangubat was a Physician/Surgeon with PMG from 1989 – 1996 and Dr. Puig was Medical Director of PMG from 1976 – 1996. PMG was a FRAUD/FALSE ADVERTISING perpetrated by DOCTORS (yes doctors, who are sworn first and foremost to do NO HARM) to lure unsuspecting clients to do hair transplants with PMG, instead of one of its competitors.

Dr. Mangubat & his former boss Dr. Carlos J. Puig are still practicing, and no disciplinary action was ever taken against them (to my knowledge).

I am a former client/patient of Puig Medical Group (PMG) and Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat (who performed a number of surgical operations on me that left me SCARRED and DISFIGURED) & Dr. Carlos J. Puig. Unfortunately, my HORRIBLE story is only one of many victims who were DEFRAUDED by PMG doctors. In this regard, quite by accident, I found online another victim of PMG’s FRAUD/FALSE ADVERTISING [this person’s website are the ones with "indie" in the web addresses below]. See PROOF of my claims in these links:

Re: Dr. Mangubat’s claims on his resume, he also listed on his resume the following:Harborview Medical Center, ACLS Instructor, Seattle, WA ACLSInstructor 2004-Present [see image of Dr. Mangubat’s online resume as of March 25, 2012 attached to this email]

I saw this and submitted a complaint with the medical faculty at University of Washington Medical Center. As you can see from the email exchange below, Dr. Mangubat was forced to correct his resume as a result of my complaint since Dr. Robinson below confirms that UW Medicine no longer has any association with Dr. Mangubat.

Finally, FYI the reason I waited many years after the incident to report my story is because I didn’t realize until recently that I still had in my possession PMG’s original letters and marketing brochures that are filled with misleading statements and lies as well as Dr. Mangubat’s 1990s resume from his tenure at PMG, which clearly shows that he did indeed perform "Brandy" flaps that left me scarred and disfigured. More importantly, PMG’s representations in its 1994 brochure (e.g. scalp reduction procedures had only great benefits and no harm] constituted LIES and FALSE-ADVERTISING because, for example, they completely FAILED to disclose/mention the large scars that result from this major surgery.

In sum, until recently, it was just my word against Dr. Mangubat’s and Dr. Puig’s words, and they would of course deny my claims. However, they can no longer do so because they cannot dispute what’s clearly stated in Dr. Mangubat’s resume from the 1990s and in PMG’s original 1994 letter and brochure to potential patients that are filled with misleading statements and false advertising

I have every confidence that you will take the appropriate actions to rectify this ethics complaint. I can be reached at .

Thank you for your attention to this important matter.

Greg Smith

---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Lawrence R. Robinson Date: Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 3:56 PMSubject: FW: Ethics Complaint re: One of your doctorsTo: Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for your email to Dr. Paul G. Ramsey dated February 5, 2012. Dr. Ramsey asked me to review and respond to you on his behalf.

I have investigated Dr. Mangubat’s affiliation with UW Medicine and I can confirm that Dr. Mangubat was previously aligned with UW Medicine’s Community Training Center (CTC) based at Harborview Medical Center. The CTC is an authorized training center for the American Heart Association, providing training to faculty, staff and non-employees. Dr. Mangubat was certified by the CTC as an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Instructor and taught approximately six ACLS courses at Harborview Medical Center between July 2005 and December 2006. Dr. Mangubat’s ACLS Instructor status and alignment with the CTC formally ended in December of 2008. He has never had privileges to practice medicine at Harborview Medical Center or the University of Washington Medical Center.

Please be assured that we will take the actions we consider appropriate regarding Dr. Mangubat’s website.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns with me, Mr. Smith.

Sincerely,

Lawrence R. Robinson, M.D.Vice Dean for Clinical Affairs and Graduate Medical Education

Begin forwarded message:

I am emailing you to report serious ethical issues regarding one of your doctors, Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat (aka Dr. Tony Mangubat http://www.labelleviecosmetic.com/ 16400 Southcenter Parkway, Suite 101 Tukwila, WA 98188). FYI, I have also reported my complaint to Seattle area media.

According to his resume, Dr. Mangubat is one of your organization’s instructors. From Dr. Mangubat’s official resume posted on his website, http://www.labelleviecosmetic.com/mangubat.shtml

Harborview Medical Center, ACLS Instructor, Seattle, WA ACLS Instructor

Dr. Mangubat was a full participant in a Cosmetic Surgery SCAM, see Proof in links below.

Dr. Mangubat was a Physician/Surgeon with Puig Medical Group (PMG, aka Cleveland Hair Centers) from 1989 - 1996, a SCAM perpetrated by DOCTORS (yes doctors, who are sworn first and foremost to do NO HARM) to lure unsuspecting clients to do hair transplants with PMG, instead of one of its competitors.

Dr. Mangubat & his former boss Dr. Carlos J. Puig are still practicing, and no disciplinary action was taken against them (to my knowledge).

I have every confidence that you will take the appropriate actions to rectify this ethics complaint. Thank you.

ATTACHMENT 2: Dr. Jennifer Martinick’s email on May 21, 2012 asking me for personal information, incl. full name, date of birth, address when surgeries were performed, etc.

Subject: Additional Info re: Complaint against Dr. Puig & Dr. Mangubat, Part 4 of 4From: Jennifer Martinick Mon, May 21, 2012 at 7:56 PMTo: Greg Smith Dear Mr Smith,

Your complaint has been reviewed by our committee.

In order to proceed, please could you supply the following information so that we can request and review your medical records.• Full name• date of birth• home address at the time of the procedure• date of procedure• address of the facility where the procedure was undertaken

Our committee naturally wishes to give your complaint the attention it deserves.

Respectfully,

Dr Jennifer Martinick MBBS FACCSPresident, International Society of Hair Restoration SurgeryPerth, Sydney, Melbourne.Tel: TEL_DELETED

From: Greg Smith []Sent: Sunday, 6 May 2012 8:15 PMTo: Subject: Additional Info re: Complaint against Dr. Puig & Dr. Mangubat, Part 4 of 4

This is the 4th of 4 emails with photos attached.

Thank you.

Greg Smith

ATTACHMENT 3: Email from Dr. Lawrence R. Robinson, Vice Dean, Univ. of Washington Medicine ("UW MED"), noting 1) he has investigated my complaint; and 2) Dr. Mangubat is no longer associated with UW Med; PLEASE NOTE: Dr. Robinson DID NOT ask for any personal info from me to proceed with his investigation

DR. Mangubat required to CORRECT his resume as well as DR. LAWRENCE R. ROBINSON’s email to me:

The CHANGE to Dr. Mangubat’s online resume presumably required by Dr. Robinson (see email below) can clearly be seen on Dr. Mangubat’s PUBLIC resume. Link to a screenshot of Dr. Mangubat’s resume as of March 25, 2012 in which he said his association with UofW was "2004 – Present" BEFORE CORRECTION:

Harborview Medical Center, ACLS Instructor, Seattle, WA 2004 – Present,

Link to a screenshot of Dr. Mangubat’s resume on May 8, 2012, AFTER CORRECTION, AFTER I ASSUME Dr. Robinson asked Dr. Mangubat to CORRECT it to show "2004 – 2009" so it’s clear he no longer is associated with UofW Medical Center:

Harborview Medical Center, ACLS Instructor, , Seattle, WA 2004 – 2009:

You can also double-check the change on Dr. Mangubat’s OFFICIAL PUBLIC resume as of June 2013 here:

EMAIL FROM DR. ROBINSON, VICE DEAN, to me:

Subject: FW: Ethics Complaint re: One of your doctorsFrom: Lawrence R. Robinson Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 3:56 PMTo: EMAIL_DELETED

Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns with me, Mr. Smith.Sincerely,

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any document attached hereto is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, nor the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message in confidence to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal and/or attachments in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.

Begin forwarded message:From: Greg Smith Date: February 5, 2012 10:49:14 AM PSTTo: Subject: Ethics Complaint re: One of your doctors

Harborview Medical Center, ACLS Instructor, Seattle, WA ACLS Instructor

Dr. Mangubat & his former boss Dr. Carlos J. Puig are still practicing, and no disciplinary action was taken against them (to my knowledge), which speaks volumes to the complete LACK of self-regulation by the hair transplant industry.

ATTACHMENT 4 DR. LISBORG’s email to me:

Additional Info re: Complaint against Dr. Puig & Dr. Mangubat, Part 1 of 4Dr. Peter Lisborg Mon, May 7, 2012 at 11:28 AMTo: Greg Smith

Dear Mr Smith,

It appears that you have had scalp reduction surgery which was quite common several years ago but hardly anybody does it anymore. When did you have your surgery? It certainly would not be acceptable today. How old are you now? You do have a lot of hair left. The scars could be covered well with current Hair Transplantation techniques. Have you consulted any HT specialists? Do you need one?

Your ethics complaint is another issue which we can only discuss at our next board meeting.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely,Dr. med. Peter LisborgÄrztlicher Leiter der PRIVATKLINIK LISBORG & PARTNEREmail: EMAIL_DELETED

Beschreibung: pklp_logo

PRIVATKLINIK LISBORG & PARTNER

PK Praxis- Klinik Verwaltungs- und BetriebsgesellschaftmbH

Adresse: Feldkirchnerstraße 217 // 9020 Klagenfurt/Celovec // Österreich/Austria, Europe

FN: 331493s // UID/VAT: ATU 65093944 // Register-Gericht: LG Klagenfurt

Tel: +43(0)463 / 500 651 // Fax: +43(0)463 / 500 651-130 // Email: EMAIL_DELETED // Web: www.pklp.at

Von: Greg Smith [mailto: EMAIL_DELETED]Gesendet: Sonntag, 06. Mai 2012 14:05An: Greg SmithBetreff: Additional Info re: Complaint against Dr. Puig & Dr. Mangubat, Part 1 of 4

ATTACHMENT 5: My email response to Dr. Martinick’s email refusing to provide personal info

Subject: Additional Info re: Complaint against Dr. Puig & Dr. Mangubat, Part 4 of 4Greg Smith Sun, May 27, 2012 at 3:54 PMTo: Jennifer Martinick

Dear Dr. Martinick,

Although I would like to be as helpful to you as possible, I wish to remain anonymous, and so I am reluctant to provide you with some items you requested below. However, I do not see any reason why you cannot proceed with my complaint without knowing personally identifiable info about me, such as my full name or full home address at the time of the procedures. Furthermore, my complaint of FRAUD and FALSE-ADVERTISING is based on Puig Medical Group’s (PMG’s) OWN claims to potential clients on its OWN letters and brochures [e.g. PMG’s claim of a "full head of hair" after its procedures, see attached PMG cover letter]. Therefore, I strongly believe you can decide my complaint based on the documents that I have already provided [and posted online here: https://sites.google.com/site/pmgincompetent/ ].

My strong belief is reinforced by Dr. Robinson, Vice Dean of the University of Washington Medicine (UWM), who was able to investigate and decide on my complaint [and reiterate that Dr. Mangubat was no longer associated with UWM] based on the info I have posted online. From Dr. Robinson’s email:

Dr. Mangubat’s ACLS Instructor status and alignment with the CTC formally ended in December of 2008. He has never had privileges to practice medicine at Harborview Medical Center or the University of Washington Medical Center….. Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns with me, Mr. Smith.

See entire email from Dr. Robinson below. Please feel free to contact Dr. Robinson [his email is below] yourself to confirm that the email below was indeed sent by him to me.

I have not yet filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) against ISHRS. Instead, I contacted you first because I wanted to give ISHRS the opportunity to investigate and resolve my ethics complaint. However, if ISHRS is unable [or unwilling] to proceed with its investigation and discipline members of its leadership who were the main participants in a consumer FRAUD and FALSE-ADVERTISING, I will be forced to file a complaint with the FTC [David Vladeck, Director, FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection, and FTC Division of Enforcement, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580] and cite ISHRS’ inability to discipline its members as one of the grounds for my complaint.

To highlight that you already have the pertinent facts, just one example of FRAUD/FALSE ADVERTISING: What Dr. Mangubat and PMG blatantly and publicly claimed in its communications with potential clients, that "bald area reduction, … when combined with hair transplants, creates the natural head of hair you seek." [see attached Page 7 of PMG’s 1994 brochure] This is a COMPLETE LIE for PMG’s "Brandy" scalp reduction surgeries that left on me a LARGE, U-SHAPED, 8+ inch long, 1/2 inch thick SCAR from the temples to the crown [I already sent to you photos showing part of the large scar]. This constitutes FRAUD/FALSE ADVERTISING because any reasonable person COULD NOT POSSIBLY claim the result with this HUGE, UGLY SCAR was anything close to natural!! [See attached Dr. Mangubat’s resume while at PMG which confirms he performed "Brandy" scalp reductions]. In fact, Dr. Dominic A. Brandy was SUED and PAID damages in 1996 (not 2012) for doing the same procedure as Dr. Mangubat performed on me [see news article here:

With respect to my medical records, I don't think the medical records of PMG are still available since my understanding is that PMG went out of business in the mid-to-late 1990s. However, the charges of FRAUD and FALSE-ADVERTISING are based on PMG’s own documents, which as I have previously stated, you already have.

• Full name: NOT PROVIDED

• date of birth: NOT PROVIDED

• home address at the time of the procedure: Washington, DC metro area

• date of procedure: 1994 – 1995, several hair transplant and "Brandy" scalp reduction procedures were performed by PMG doctors (e.g. Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat) over a period of several months

• address of the facility where the procedures were undertaken: 4401 Connecticut Ave., N.W., Suite 602, Washington, DC 20008, Tel: (202)-363-8925

If you decide not to proceed with my complaint based on not knowing personally identifiable information about me, please provide me with your reasoning for your decision. I note that, as an example, when victims of sexual abuse by Catholic priests brought forward their complaint, they were not required to disclose their identities [to protect their privacy]. I request the same deference to protect my privacy from you and your Committee. Regardless, if you provide me with your reasoning, I will note it when I file my complaint with the FTC and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Greg Smith

FW: Ethics Complaint re: One of your doctorsLawrence R. Robinson Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 3:56 PMTo:

Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns with me, Mr. Smith.

Sincerely,

Begin forwarded message:

Harborview Medical Center, ACLS Instructor, Seattle, WA ACLS Instructor

I am a former patient of PMG and Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat, and my HORRIBLE story is only one of many victims who were SCAMMED by PMG doctors. See proof here:http://arlington45678.angelfire.comhttps://sites.google.com/site/dreantoniomangubatincompetent/http://www.angelfire.com/indie/hairtransplant/94book.htmlhttp://www.angelfire.com/indie/hairtransplant/lies.htmlhttps://sites.google.com/site/pmgincompetent/http://pmg-incompetnt-review.angelfire.com/

ATTACHMENT 6 Email I received from ISHRS President Dr. Jennifer Martinick saying ISHRS will not proceed with my complaint and so will not discipline Drs. Puig & Mangubat:

Jennifer Martinick Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 7:26 AMTo: Greg Smith

Dear Mr. Smith,

The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery has reviewed your May 28, 2012, email correspondence.

The Society is a strong proponent of promoting ethical behavior by our members. We also appreciate the seriousness of your allegations (while noting that they relate to procedures purportedly performed seventeen to eighteen years ago). Upon review of our policies and the information you provided, the Society has declined to investigate.

Given the allegations in your complaint, and offering no view on their merits, we ordinarily would suggest that such allegations are more directly in the purview of state licensing authorities and local medical societies; however, the unusual circumstances of your complaint may not be appropriate for such a referral.

Very truly yours,

Dr. Jennifer Martinick MBBSPresident, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery

ATTACHMENT 7 ISHRS’S MISSION FROM ITS WEBSITE:

Link to ISHRS homepage in June 2013:

From the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) website:

Welcome to our site!

The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery is the leading authority on hair loss treatment and restoration with more than 1,000 members throughout 60 countries worldwide. We are dedicated to promoting the highest standards of medical practice and medical ethics. The ISHRS also provides continuing education to physicians specializing in hair transplant surgery and is committed to providing the latest information on medical and surgical treatments for hair loss to the general public.

The ISHRS is a member of the American Medical Association's House of Delegates (HOD).

The ISHRS is accredited by the Accreditation Council on Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).

ATTACHMENT 8 ISHRS’S 2011 – 2012 LEADERSHIP FROM ITS WEBSITE, as of May, 2012:

Link to ISHRS’S 2011 – 2012 LEADERSHIP:

From above link:

ISHRS Who's Who2011-2012 ISHRS Officers and Board of Governors

PresidentJennifer H. Martinick, MBBSPerth, Australia

Vice PresidentCarlos J. Puig, DOHouston, TX, USA

….

Hair Foundation LiaisonE. Antonio Mangubat, MD

ATTACHMENT 9 PUIG MEDICAL GROUP (PMG) 1994 BOOKLET, PAGES 1 & 7 ON BALDNESS & SCALP REDUCTION SURGERIES:

Link to PMG Booklet Page 1:

Link to PMG Booklet Page 7:

- E.g. OUTRIGHT LIE on Page 1: Dr. Puig claims "Let’s face it: baldness suggests premature aging." Here, Dr. Puig & PMG doctors STOOP TO HUMILIATION to close the sale! Would a legitimate doctor ever say this? Of course NOT! More examples of Dr. Puig’s and PMG doctors’ TOTALLY PATHETIC HARD-SELL tactics here:

- E.g. of OUTRIGHT LIES, "Bald Area Reduction … can eliminate a major portion of the bald area." [Page 7 of PMG’s 1994 booklet] This is a LIE because of what is OMITTED from this claim. Bald area reduction is MAJOR surgery that leaves the head with LARGE SCARS around the scalp area that is removed. In my case, Dr. E. Antionio Mangubat [aka Dr. Tony Mangubat] performed a few "Brandy" scalp reduction procedures that left a HUGE horse-shoe shaped 8+ inch long and ½ inch thick SCAR from one TEMPLE to the CROWN and back down to the other TEMPLE on my head!! More info on scalp reduction surgeries here:

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/hairtransplant/scalp.html (also see LAWSUIT in 1996 regarding "Brandy" scalp surgeries in this 1996 news article:

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19960915&slug=2349352 )

But PMG in its marketing brochure makes NO MENTION of any scarring!!!! Talk about doctors (PMG doctors like Dr. Carlos J. Puig & Dr. Tony Mangubat) who leave out CRITICAL info needed for a patient to make an informed decision about the major surgery!!!!

ATTACHMENT 10 PUIG MEDICAL GROUP (PMG) 1994 COVER LETTER FILLED WITH LIES AND FALSE-ADVERTISING:

Link to PMG 1994 Cover Letter:

The letter in above link is Puig Medical Group’s (PMG) 1994 Cover letter that I received when I inquired about getting hair transplants done with PMG. This letter is FILLED with LIES, HARD SELL TACTICS & FALSE ADVERTISING and DECEPTIVE LANGUAGE.

The most BLATANT and COMPLETELY 100% LIE is when in the cover letter, PMG promised the potential client that PMG’s hair transplants will result in a "full head of hair" [2nd line of 2nd para of letter] that is "virtually non-detectible." [5th bullet in letter] No HALF-competent hair transplant doctor would ever say this because of the limited amount of donor hair in the back of the head of a typical hairloss patient, such as me. But PMG was perfectly willing to say this to MAXIMIZE its sales and LURE unsuspecting clients into selecting PMG instead of one of its competitors.

If Dr. Tony Mangubat (aka Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat ) & Dr. Carlos J. Puig were HALF-honest with their patients, they would have NEVER claimed to restore a "full head of hair" in the PMG’s cover letter to me and other potential clients!!

Review about: Hair Transplants Plastic Surgery.

Dude - WTF?????

Dr Jennifer Martinick - Dr. Jennifer Martinick/ISHRS a DISGRACE!!!!

Reston, Virginia 8 comments

Dr. Jennifer Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership are a DISGRACE!!!!

For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, President of ISHRS (International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery, ishrs.org) and the current ISHRS Leadership are a COMPLETE DISGRACE to the medical profession!!

FOLLOW THESE LINKS FOR PROOF:

http://mneedham624.wix.com/martinickishrs-dsgrc# />

Or keep reading below:

I am a former patient of Dr. Carlos J Puig & Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat, and was left SCARRED & DISFIGURED by these doctors, who had engaged in FRAUD, FALSE-ADVERTISING & DECEPTIVE PRACTICES to LURE unsuspecting people suffering from hairloss to become their patients. See PROOF here:

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/hairtransplant/94 />

https://sites.google.com/site/dreantoniomangubat />

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/hairtransplant/li />

An example of the FRAUD: Drs. Puig & Mangubat performed a number of hair transplant & scalp reduction surgeries [aka bald area reduction surgery] on me that left HUGE SCARS all over my scalp. This result was TOTALLY INCONSISTENT with & OPPOSITE to their explicit written assertions about scalp reduction procedures. See below ATTACHMENT 9A: Puig Medical Group Booklet Page 7 on Bald Area/Scalp Reduction Surgery which shows clearly the FALSE ADVERTISING & FRAUD perpetrated by PMG doctors because they made NO MENTION of any scarring as a result of undergoing scalp reduction surgery. THIS GLARING OMISSION BY THESE DOCTORS OF THIS INDISPUTABLE & GRAVE NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCE OF THE SURGERY CONSTITUTES BLATANT FRAUD & FALSE ADVERTISING!! (More details in links mentioned above]. Other examples of fraud includes claims in PMG's cover letter [See Attachment 9B below: original PMG cover letter] that PMG's procedures will result in a "full head of hair" [2nd line of 2nd para of letter] that is "virtually non-detectible." [5th bullet in letter]

In 2012, Dr. Puig is CURRENTLY Vice-President & President-Elect of ISHRS (International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery, ishrs.org) and Dr. Mangubat is Hair Foundation Liaison of ISHRS (see ISHRS' 2012 leadership in link: http://www.ishrs.org/member-board.php and in ATTACHMENT 8 below, and http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/5/prweb9541300. Seeing this, I filed a formal complaint against Drs. Puig & Mangubat with Dr. Jennifer Martinick, President of ISHRS. Dr. Jennifer Martinick, MBBS & the current ISHRS Leadership did NOTHING to discipline these UNETHICAL doctors who had previously engaged in BLATANTLY FRAUD & FALSE-ADVERTISING. Therefore, Dr. Jennifer Martinick & current ISHRS Leadership ARE A COMPLETE DISGRACE to the medical profession!

Just so that Dr. Jennifer Martinick, MBBS & the current ISHRS Leadership can't accuse me of selectively quoting or misquoting them, I have included the entire text of Dr. Martinick's email responses to my complaint in the ATTACHMENTS below.

A summary of Dr. Jennifer Martinick's & the current ISHRS Leadership's COMPLETELY DISGRACEFUL treatment of my ethics complaint:

- On May 21, 2012, Dr. Martinick sent a reply email asking for personal info about me, such as date of birth and full name. See ATTACHMENT 2 below. HOWEVER, my personal info HAS NO BEARING on the charges in my complaint because my complaint is based on what Dr. Puig, Dr. Mangubat, and Puig Medical Group (PMG) claimed on PMG's OWN letters and booklets (and I posted online: https://sites.google.com/site/pmgincompetent/ ).

To this point, FYI, I also filed a complaint against Dr. Mangubat with the University of Washington ("UofW"), and got a response back from Dr. Lawrence R. Robinson, M.D, Vice Dean for Clinical Affairs and Graduate Medical Education on March 11, 2012 [see ATTACHMENT 3 below]. PLEASE NOTE DR. ROBINSON DID NOT ASK ME FOR ANY PERSONAL INFO TO PROCEED WITH HIS ACTION TO REQUIRE DR. MANGUBAT TO CORRECT WHAT HE CLAIMED ON HIS ONLINE RESUME! Dr. Robinson indicated to me that 1) He had investigated my complaint; and 2) Dr. Mangubat was no longer associated with the UofW Medical Center, and to "please be assured that we will take the actions we consider appropriate regarding Dr. Mangubat's website. " SEE details of CORRECTION to Dr. Mangubat's online resume in ATTACHMENT 3 below.

I also filed a complaint against Dr. Mangubat with the World Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (WAOCS), and Dr. Peter Lisborg, President of WAOCS ( http://www.waocs.org/ ), has indicated to me that my ethics complaint will be discussed at the next Board meeting [see ATTACHMENT 4 below]. PLEASE ALSO NOTE DR. LISBORG DID NOT ASK ME FOR ANY PERSONAL INFO TO PROCEED WITH MY COMPLAINT!

HENCE I COMPLETELY FAIL TO SEE WHY Dr. Jennifer Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership would need personal info about me to proceed with my complaint [since 2 other organizations were able to proceed without such personal info]??!! I hope you see the reasons my skepticism about Dr. Martinick's & the current ISHRS Leadership's motivations for asking for such personal info [which is unnecessary to investigate my complaint and will require me to waive my right to privacy]. Consequently on May 28, I sent Dr. Martinick an email in which I stated that I would not be providing personally identifiable information (see ATTACHMENT 5 below)

Dr. Martinick's & the current ISHRS Leadership's refusal to proceed without personal info from me is a BLATANT & PATHETIC STONEWALLING TACTIC because, as demonstrated by Dr. Robinson's and Dr. Lisborg's actions described above, such info is NOT necessary for Dr. Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership to proceed with my complaint!!

- On June 13, Dr. Martinick sent another reply confirming that she & the current ISHRS Leadership will not proceed with investigating my complaint without the personal info she & the current ISHRS Leadership asked me to provide (see ATTACHMENT 6 below). Such inaction by Dr. Jennifer Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership speaks volumes about that COMPLETE LACK OF SELF-REGULATION by the current ISHRS Leadership. Dr. Martinick"˜s entire email is in ATTACHMENT 6. Part of her reasoning:

- SO WHAT if the allegations relate to procedures performed 17 years ago???!!! The allegations being 17 years ago DIDN'T STOP Dr. Robinson and Dr. Lisborg from taking action!! [AGAIN, SEE PROOF of action taken in ATTACHMENTS 3 & 4 below] Just because somebody committed a crime 17 years ago does NOT mean that person should no longer be disciplined/prosecuted for it today [Example: Jerry Sandusky of Penn State!!]

- The claim that the current ISHRS Leadership shouldn't/can't do anything about my complaint about things that Dr. Puig & Dr. Mangubat did 15+ years ago is BASELESS AND WITHOUT MERIT. ISHRS on its website states this association is "dedicated to promulgating the highest standards of medical practice and medical ethics" (see ATTACHMENT 7 below). THIS IS A TOTALLY LAUGHABLE CLAIM because Dr. Martinick & the current ISHRS leadership's decision not to proceed with my complaint COMPLETELY FLIES IN THE FACE of even the MINIMAL standards of ethics and professional conduct!!!!

- the current ISHRS Leadership, by having Dr. Puig as its Vice President (and President-Elect!) & Dr. Mangubat as Hair Foundation Liaison, explicitly endorses Dr. Puig & Dr. Mangubat as leading surgeons in the Hair Transplant industry. Dr. Puig, as VP, reflects on the integrity and ethics (or LACK THEREOF) of ISHRS as an organization. IN FACT, Dr. Puig on his online resume (Link: http://www.hairrestorationhouston.com/downloads/CJ ) HIGHLIGHTS his association with ISHRS as one of his resume qualifications/credentials! Hence the current ISHRS Leadership IS ETHICALLY OBLIGATED to take appropriate action to address my complaint.

- Please note, I'm not saying that Dr. Martinick can ban Dr. Puig and Dr. Mangubat from the Hair Transplant/Cosmetic Surgery industry, she obviously can't; HOWEVER, Dr. Martinick and the current ISHRS Leadership DEFINITELY CAN SEVER THEIR TIES TO Dr. Puig & Dr. Mangubat....that is within the organization's leadership's jurisdiction and purview (just as the Univ of Washington did!!). If the current ISHRS Leadership does not disassociate itself with these UNETHICAL doctors, this indicates the current ISHRS Leadership endorses Dr. Puig's & Dr. Mangubat's past UNETHICAL/ILLEGAL actions. In that case (as is now, since Dr. Martinick has done NOTHING to discipline Dr. Puig or Dr. Mangubat), it is FAIR GAME for me to criticize ISHRS as an organization whose leadership consists of UNETHICAL, BAD ACTORS.

Why should ISHRS be any different?? IF ANYTHING, ISHRS is comprised of DOCTORS, who take an OATH to DO NO HARM, so the standard should be EVEN HIGHER than a Bar Association! Although I am not the person who created this website http://www.angelfire.com/indie/hairtransplant/94bo I see exactly why this person says "the Hair Transplant Industry is a DISGRACE" if organizations like ISHRS have people like Dr. Puig in its leadership.

FYI, the reasons why I waited until now to bring forward my complaint include:

- Because ISHRS didn't exist in the mid-late 1990s, not to mention the internet did not exist to nearly the same extent then.

- Because I did post my original complaint several years ago; HOWEVER, at the time, I didn't realize that I still had in my possession PMG's original 1994 cover letter and booklet that are FILLED with FALSE ADVERTISING, MISLEADING STATEMENTS & LIES. Hence Dr. Mangubat was able to DENY my claims, and it was just my word against his, and I could not PROVE that I was indeed telling the truth. NOW I CAN!

- Because in the past year, after moving to a new place and opening boxes that hadn't been opened in 10+ years, I discovered that I still had PMG's original 1994 docs, and thus I posted all of them online.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzZzgThDRJbZT19 />

ATTACHMENT 2: Dr. Jennifer Martinick's email on May 21, 2012 asking me for personal information, incl. full name, date of birth, address when surgeries were performed, etc.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzZzgThDRJbZNTE />

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzZzgThDRJbZWlI />

ATTACHMENT 4 DR. LISBORG's email to me [BOLD font added by me]:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzZzgThDRJbZY2V />

ATTACHMENT 5: My email response to Dr. Martinick's email declining to provide personal info

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzZzgThDRJbZMnV />

ATTACHMENT 6 Email I received from ISHRS President Dr. Jennifer Martinick saying ISHRS will not proceed with my complaint and so will not discipline Drs. Puig & Mangubat [BOLD font added by me]:

ATTACHMENT 7 ISHRS'S MISSION FROM ITS WEBSITE [BOLD font added by me]:

Link: http://www.ishrs.org/

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzZzgThDRJbZSHR />

ATTACHMENT 8 ISHRS'S LEADERSHIP FROM ITS WEBSITE

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzZzgThDRJbZQ01 />

ATTACHMENT 9A PUIG MEDICAL GROUP (PMG) 1994 BOOKLET, PAGES 1 & 7 ON BALDNESS & SCALP REDUCTION SURGERIES:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XJfQV21H8WzP />

ATTACHMENT 9B PUIG MEDICAL GROUP (PMG) 1994 COVER LETTER FILLED WITH LIES AND FALSE-ADVERTISING:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cMMOj9DKc5gS />

See Cover Letter in these links:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1044312878544971720 />

Review about: Hair Restoration Surgery.

Comments

I thought there was a law against SPAM

...a complaint from 20 years ago that you wanted the ISHRS to investigate, but you don't want to give them your real name, then you go post 300 pages all about it... :roll :roll :roll LAME!

AND surpressing someones name from court records ISN'T the same thing as not wanting to give your name for whatever reason... :grin

and ur excuse about waiting till now to complain just cos they didnt have ISHRS back then or the internet.... LAME. :eek

FAKE :upset fake :upset fake :eek fake :roll fake fake...

Perth, Western Australia, Australia #745255

…Procedures for dealing with complaints..

Perth, Western Australia, Australia #745254

Martinick Hair Restoration

Procedures for dealing with complaints..

Hair restoration physicians using best practice techniques utilise a synergy of medical training, mathematics, science and artistry to create natural looking hair transplants.

It is more difficult to investigate...

zoom2randy

I'm sorry to hear about your experience but I am very happy with my results.I was referred by a friend and have referred several of my friends and relatives since my procedure.

We all had great results.

I have seen many of Dr Jennifer Martinick's patients results in person.

Unfortunately the internet and public forums can be a median for individuals to try discrediting prominent health professionals as well as the associations they may be associated with. Perhaps these individuals who write these so called bad reviews have their own hidden agenda whereby somehow they benefit by bad - mouthing others.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia #720885

Dr Jennifer Martinick rebuttal:

Patients, colleagues, associates and friends I write to address the nature of some misleading

material published on the website, Hair Transplant Network, including the inaccurate and

generalised statement on Hair Transplant Network that there are no quality hair restoration

professionals in Australia.

Operated by Media Visions, www.hairtransplantnetwork.com is one of several interconnected

websites claiming to provide unbiased information about hair restoration physicians and

treatments.

Media Visions does not employ any medical doctors and is not affiliated with or approved by

any medical specialisation board or certification organisation.

The website derives its income from sponsorship fees – fees which I paid during my

membership of Hair Transplant Network between 2000 and 2006.

I accepted an invitation to join Hair Transplant Network in 2000 and in accordance with that

invitation I paid an annual fee of approximately $20,000 to $30,000. This fee was for the

promotion of my services as a hair restoration surgeon on the site.

I remained a member until 2006; however, at that time I chose to allocate the money spent

with Hair Transplant Network, towards creating awareness and education about hair

restoration surgery and hair loss issues across a broader variety of media, professional and

public...

I advised Hair Transplant Network that I intended to utilise my $30,000 in other ways, however

representatives of the company continued to pursue my business for the following three years.

Although I chose to withdraw my financial support, reports on the site suggest that I was

‘removed’ from recommendation on the website and was no longer qualified to be in the

‘coalition’ of doctors.

I am a member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS), the Australasian

Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, a faculty member of the European Society of Hair

Restoration Surgery and an honoured member of the Argentina Association of Medicine &

Cosmetic Surgery.

The ISHRS is a member of the American Medical Association’s House of Delegates (HOD) and

the ISHRS is accredited by the Accreditation Council on Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).

In my capacity of President of the Australasian Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, Program

Chair for the ISHRS meeting in Sydney and President of the ISHRS I have worked for greater

education and awareness about hair loss and the medical treatment available for people

affected by it.

This work has generated coverage reaching millions of readers and viewers across a variety of

media including newspapers, magazines and digital media.

I have been acknowledged for my contributions to scientific research and have presented

lectures in Australia, Asia, Europe and the United States.

I was the first Australian and first woman to receive the highest honour in the field of hair

restoration surgery, being awarded the ISHRS Platinum Follicle Award in New York, 2003.

I am also the recipient of the Italian Society of Hair Restoration Milestone Award and the ISHRS

Research & Development Grant – 1999 & 2000.

In further acknowledgement of my contribution to scientific research I earned international

prominence for studies on damaged hair and for developing the snail track method to develop

a natural looking hairline.

My involvement in the list of medical associations mentioned in this article has given me the

privilege of working with some of the most dedicated, compassionate and highly accomplished

hair restoration professionals - all located right here in Australia.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia #720095

HI there,

By reading your article above it sounds like you have never even met Dr Jennifer Martinick nor have you ever had a procedure from her. I can't understand then how you could rubbish her given the fact that she has had some 25 plus years in the hair restoration industry and was voted President of the ISHRS by her own colleagues.

View more comments